Diclofenac linked to Liver Failure.
The US FDA warns about Liver Toxicity with the NSAID Diclofenac.
● Diclofenac has been reported for Liver Toxicity and Liver Failure in some patients.
● Case studies found on Liver Transplant and death with some patients using Diclofenac.
● Diclofenac causes Gastrointestinal discomfort, induces GI-Ulcer, Cardiovascular side effects.
● Contraindicated in bypass surgery patients.
● Abnormally alters liver enzymes and hemoglobin.
Novartis and FDA Notifications:
Recommends Liver Function Tests during treatment with all products containing Diclofenac Sodium, e.g., Transaminases Activity.
Post Marketing Reports:
Drug-induced hepatotoxicity reported in the first month but can occur at any time during treatment with Diclofenac.
1. Liver Necrosis
4. Liver Failure
5. Liver Transplantation